Father’s day is coming fast and… it’s lobster season! Here is a dish that is fit for a celebration while leveraging the amazing capabilities of grilling in your Forno Venetzia using the braccio del forno (available for Torino and Bellagio models only).
Let’s make wood fired grilled lobster !
Grilling lobster in a wood fired oven
We were able to do a grilled lobster in the Forno Venetzia wood fired oven before the Braccio del forno grilling attachement became available, using a cast iron skillet but… it wasn’t as gorgeous as truly grilling lobster on the embers of our Forno Venetia wood fired oven.
Using the braccio del forno allows grilling while broiling, producing juicy and grilled lobster worthy of a 150$ New York restaurant meal, all from the comfort of your own backyard !
Gilled lobster recipe in Forno Venetzia
Wood fired grilled lobster, two ways
- 1 Braccio del forno Forno Venetzia accessory for Torino and Bellagio models
- 2 1.5 lbs uncooked lobsters cut in half, lenghtwise
- 1/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 3 tbsp fresh herbs of your choice parsley, sorrel, chives, tarragon are all good options
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Spicy japanese mayonnaise sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- All instructions are on the video, on our Youtube channel.
- For cutting the uncooked lobsters, you can ask your fishmonger or (for the braves) quickly insert the point of a sharp chef's knife in the cross right below the eyes, then cut through the head and continue cutting thought the tail to split the entire lobster.
- Preheat your Forno Venetzia wood fired oven for at least 40 minutes, spread the embers and then preheat the Braccio del forno as demonstrated in the video.
- Remove the claws (they will take more time to cook) for each lobster
- Cook the claws for about 3 minutes on each side, remove and keep aside.
- Spread some of the herbed butter or mayo sauce on each lobster half. Start grilling the lobster halves flesh and cut side down for about 3 minutes. Then turn over, spread either the herbed butter or spicy japanese mayonnaise and continue grilling and broiling for about 3-4 more minutes. Keep an eye, you wouldn't want to burn or dry these beautiful lobsters.