Hello friends, you are wondering how to make the best burgers in your wood fired oven? We made a video for you !
The best wood fired burgers
Burgers might not be the first thing people consider making in a wood fired oven. After all, the BBQ and the plancha may seem better fit for burgers.
But with the braccio del forno, our new accessory for Forno Venetzia Torino and Bellagio models, you can make the best burgers in your wood fired oven.
Using the braccio del forno in your wood fired oven
The top 3 tips for the best burgers
1- Get to know your butcher
Ground meat from your supermarket just won’t do. Having to cook ground meat at “safe temperatures” means your burger patty will lose all of its natural juices and most of its taste.
A mix of minimum 80/20 ground meat, prepared on demand, making sure to tell your butcher you plan to serve it medium-rare, is the base for the best burger.
2- Season well but not too much
Sure, you can find tons of steak seasonings and some people even recommend using dried onion soup mix or onions or garlic in your patties but if you followed advice number 1, the meat will be amazing and should not need fireworks.
3 – Butter the inside of your burger buns and grill bread too
We used homemade burger buns but commercial good quality buns will do the trick! Just make sure to butter the inside of your buns and grill them before building your burger.
Beware! Cooking buttered bread on hot embers in your Forno Venetzia wood fired oven using the braccio del forno will literally take seconds!
Bon appétit, happy 4th of July & happy Burgers !
Best burgers in a wood fired oven
- 2 lbs ground beef 80/20 ground, on demand, by a butcher
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 4 burger buns
- 1 tbsp butter
- Condiments & garnishes, to taste
- Start fire in your Forno Venetzia oven
- Combine ground beef, salt and pepper and form patties, either by hand or using a burger press.
- After about 30 minutes, break your logs and spread embers in your Forno Venetzia oven. Preheat the braccio del forno.
- Oil the grill part of the braccio, then transfer burger patties and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the patties and cook for no more than 2 minutes for medium-rare burgers. If you want cheese burgers, now is the time to add your cheese. PS. Cook longer for well done patties.
- Meanwhile, butter the inside of your burger buns and prepare your garnishes and condiments.
- Let your patties rest, covered, while you grill the burger buns on the cut and buttered side.
- Build your burger to taste and enjoy !