These appetizers are a crowd-pleaser! A delicious and easy vegetarian dish, and a goat-cheese lovers dream, these easy prep mushrooms go fast!
Truffle Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 Medium-Large Cremini Mushrooms Stems Removed
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter Small Dice
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 130 g Soft Goat Cheese
- 2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Truffle Oil
- 3 tbsp Panko Bread Crumbs
- 3 tbsp Finely Minced Parsley
- De-stem mushrooms and place the caps (tops down) into a large cast iron pan (10”), placing the diced butter in between the caps.
- Drizzle the mushroom caps with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, blend together the goat cheese, dry thyme, and truffle oil.
- Preheat Forno Venetzia oven to 600-700°F, using 3-4 small to medium logs. Once at temperature, move logs to one of the rear corners to maintain high heat.
- Place the cast iron pan of mushrooms into the oven, opposite to the logs.
- Remove the pan after 5 minutes, carefully flip the mushroom caps, and return the pan to the oven.
- Remove the pan after another 3 minutes and carefully flip the mushrooms back over so the insides are facing up. Using two spoons or a piping bag, fill the mushroom caps with the goat cheese mixture. Sprinkle the stuffed caps with panko bread crumbs and return to the oven for another 2-3 minutes, until panko is golden brown.
- For plating, platter the mushroom caps and sprinkle with minced parsley.